Relax and chill out, these questions are for the young and not so young. You may not even agree with some of the answers but the quiz is for the
family to take part and enjoy!
1. You receive 10 Christmas Cards from places in Europe; each one wishes you a “Merry Christmas” – Identify where the cards comes from:
a) joyeux Noël
b) buon Natale
c) Feliz Navidad
d) Nadolig Llawen
e) καλά Χριστούγεννα
f) Wesołych Świąt
g) Fröhliche Weihnachten
h) feliz Natal
i) vrolijk kerstfeest
j) felicem natalem Christi
2. Match the quotes with the following sources: Anonymous, The Bible, Robert Burns, Winston Churchill, Charles Dickens, David Lloyd George, Albert Einstein, Abraham Lincoln, Picasso, William Shakespeare
“I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat”
“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time……”
“What is our task? To make Britain a fit country for heroes to live in”
“God is no respecter of persons”
“Oh my Love is like a red red rose …”
“Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day ……”
“My mother said to me, “If you are a soldier you will become a general. If you are a monk you will become the Pope.” Instead, I was an ……… and became ………..”
“There’s a genius in all of us”
“When you fall, I will be there to catch you – With Love, the floor”
It was the best of times, it was the worse of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness ……..”
3. What date is St. Stephen’s Day?
4. In Charles Dicken’s Christmas Carol, who was Scrooge’s dead business partner?
5. In the song “12 days of Christmas” …. My true love brought to me….?
6. What colour are the berries of the mistletoe plant?
7. Who wrote “Auld Lang Syne”?
8. How many points does a snowflake have?
9. In which country were Christmas trees fist used to decorate homes?
10. During the First World War on which Christmas Day did the soldiers of Great Britain and Germany stop fighting and greet each other?
11. There are two Christmas Islands and they are located in which oceans?
12. What did Captain James Cook discover on Christmas Day 1777?
13. Which famous scientist born on Christmas Day is buried in Westminster Abbey?
14. The North Pole is said to be Santa’s home. In which Ocean is the North Pole located?
15. What is the chemical formula of snow?
16. What British spacecraft was lost on Mars Christmas Day 2003?
17. Who banned Christmas Day in Britain?
18. Who was the first British monarch to broadcast a Christmas message to the nation?
19. In what year did Queen Elizabeth ꓲꓲ deliver her first televised Christmas message to the nation?
20. “So this is Christmas” are the first words of which John Lennon song?
May I wish all our readers A Merry Healthy Festivities Season followed by a Happy Healthy 2023.
Stay Safe – John Harris
Ready for the answers? Keep scrolling if you are!
Family Quiz Answers
Q1 a) France b) Italy c) Spain d) Wales e) Greece f) Poland g) Germany h) Portugal i) Holland j) Vatican (Latin)
Q2 a) Winston Churchill b) Abraham Lincoln c) Lloyd George
d) The Bible (Acts ch10 v34) e) Robert Burns
f) Shakespeare (sonnet 18)
g) Picasso (I was an artist and became Picasso) h) Albert Einstein
i) Anonymous j) Charles Dickens (A Tale of Two Cities)
Q3 26th December
Q4) Jacob Marley
Q5) Ladies Dancing
Q7) Robbie Burns
Q11) Pacific and Indian
Q12) Christmas Island (Indian Ocean)
Q13) Isaac Newton
Q16) Beagle 2
Q17) Oliver Cromwell
Q18) George V (1932)
Q20) Happy Xmas (War is Over)