Nearly £20,000 to support youth led ideas in the Cotswolds is being launched this autumn thanks to an initiative of the Cotswold Youth Network, Cotswold District Council & the Cotswold Integrated Partnership.
Thanks to funding through the NHS Charities Together Partnership Grant and National Lottery Community Fund young people who are supported by a youth or community group will have the opportunity to apply for funding for up to £1000 for an idea that they feel will improve their community.
Ben Ward, Director of World Jungle and Chair of Cotswold Youth Network says “ We know young people care about what happens in their community and often feel like there is little for them to do. Too often its adults deciding what young people need. The idea of this fund is that young people can come together to make something exciting happen. It could be organising a regular music night, setting up their own social enterprise, organising a special trip, buying some sports or even creating their own mini festival. The main thing is the idea is developed by young people for young people.”
Last year the Cotswold Youth Network gave out £5000 to ten different projects which included the organising of Skate board events, an art project for LGBTQ young people, new sports equipment in Northleach, a trip to Cotswold water park, and even planting a new wildlife area in South Cerney.
This grant programme will have two rounds with the first round being launched in late autumn and then second round in Spring 2023.
Who can apply?
- Young people involved in a group with the support of an adult
- Those with an idea that leads to a positive difference in their community
- Those with an idea that kick starts or enhances community-based activities, e.g. setting up a new club, putting on an event, start-up costs for a new business or social enterprise
Grant applications must meet at least one of these criteria:
- Provide opportunities to improve community facilities and the environment
- Support projects with a health/well-being focus
- Contribute to diverse and inclusive communities
- Support volunteers and volunteering opportunities
- Support arts and cultural related activities
- Support a range of sport and physical activities
- Support access to training, employment and further opportunities
To register interest and to receive the application form please contact Ben Ward at World Jungle on 07889512644 or email email@example.com