After a Covid enforced break of 3 years the Burford Festival is back and will be running from the 9th -19th June 2022. As always there will be a great selection of events and activities including:
- • the ever popular Open Gardens (June 11th-12th)
- • drama (Twelfth Night, Lady Bracknell’s Legacy and Under Milk Wood),
- • writers including Jeanette Winterson, Anne Youngson, Francesca Gibbons and Sue Leigh,
- • talks from Lord Hall (previously the Director General of the BBC) Brian Kay (founder of the King Singers and presenter on BBC Radio 2 and Radio 3), Jack Straw (MP and both Foreign Secretary and Home Secretary) and Stanley Johnson (Author, and former MEP)
- • an Alice in Wonderland themed cream tea,
- • a panel discussion on sustainability issues in Cotswolds,
- • workshops on dance, poetry and creative writing,
- • historical walking tours as well as a dramatic ghost tour,
- • a free family fun day on the Rec,
- • a fashion show,
- • a Ghanaian Gala evening
- • a traders market (Sunday 19th) and
- • lots of music including Jazz, Folk, an Organ Recital and, of course, the Festival Finale Concert with the Burford Singers.
More details on the website from 1st April (https://www.burfordfestival.org )
Tickets go on sale 1st of May.